Changes to School Day and School Finish Times
As the situation regarding COVID-19 develops we are constantly reviewing the arrangements for pupil movement in the school. As well as recent guidance regarding the weraing of face coverings we have made slight changes to the timings of morning interval, lunchtime and the end of the school day. These changes have been made to continue the school’s policy of keeping junior and senior school pupils apart as well as giving senior pupils, who are now engaged in National SQA courses, the maximum amount of time available to them in order to best complete coursework. This means that junior pupils will now have an earlier lunch and school finish time than in previous weeks.
This new structure will begin on Monday 31st August 2020.
The main points to note are as follows:
- Pupils will be asked to go straight to their registration class from 8.35 onwards.
- S1 and S3 pupils will have their morning interval together for the first time from 9.40am to 10.00am. They will be free to use both canteen spaces, ground and first floor, as well as the outdoor spaces of the school.
- S2 will have their morning interval alone from 10.00am to 10.15am and will be allowed in all communal spaces of the school, as above.
- S4/5/6 will have their morning interval from 10.30am – 10.45am and will be allowed in all communal spaces of the school, as above.
- S4/5/6 will have their lunch from 12.25pm to 1.05pm and will be allowed off site and in all communal spaces of the school.
- S1/2/3 will have their lunch from 1.15pm to 2.00pm and will be allowed off site and in all communal spaces of the school.
- The school day will end for S1/2/3, Monday to Thursday, at 3.30pm and at 12.20pm on Friday.
- The school day will end for S4/5/6, Monday to Thursday, at 3.35pm and at 12.25pm on Friday.
Please see the diagram below, which can be downloaded and printed for your convenience, to see the revised times.