Welcome to our dedicated page for information on all aspects of the school related to SQA (Scottish Qualifications Authority) qualifications
Here you will find school policy documents, news updates from our website and links to SQA resources online.
SQA News Updates From WHS
Below is a summary of posts made on the school website which relate to SQA. They are shown here with the most recent first.
- Vacancies: SQA Exam Invigilatorsby Wick High SchoolWould you like a little extra income? Are you interested in examination procedures? If you would be able to give up a few hours
- Sharing Of SQA Provisional Gradesby Wick High SchoolWe will soon begin the process of sharing SQA provisional grades with our senior pupils and their respective parents/carers after the recent completion of
- Letter From Highland Council Regarding SQA Alternative Certification Modelby Wick High SchoolPlease see below a letter from The Highland Council regarding the SQA alternative certification model.
- SQA Alternative Certification Model – Important Informationby Wick High SchoolAs you will know, the SQA has made significant changes to the ways in which pupils will be assessed in their certificate courses this
- SQA Assessment Window Timetableby Wick High SchoolSenior pupils will begin a period of SQA assessment on May 10th. These assessments will provide evidence for the SQA’s alternative certification model which
- SQA National, Higher & Advanced Higher Qualifications – What You Need To KNowby Wick High SchoolPlease see below a recently published document from the SQA with information for pupils and parents/carers on current arrangements for National, Higher and Advanced
- Message for parents/carers about National 5, Higher and Advanced Higherby Wick High SchoolFrom Monday 15 March, pupils in S4 to S6 who are taking national qualifications will begin their return to school and will have priority
- SQA Information On This Year’s Alternative Certification Modelby Wick High SchoolPlease see, below, a post from the SQA regarding this year’s alternative certification model for National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher qualifications. We understand
- SQA Updateby Wick High SchoolPlease see, below, links to the most recent update from the SQA for parents and pupils. Pupil Update – January 2021 Parent/carer Update –
- SQA Assessment Window Postponedby Wick High SchoolGood morning. Just for clarification, could we please say that due to the Scottish Government’s announcement that the majority of pupils would not return,
SQA on Social Media
Using SCQF Levels in the #recruitment process is important to @SQANews as it offers clarity around the #skills and experience required to do a job and it opens up the application process to a wider group.
Read more https://scqf.org.uk/case-studies/employer-videos-and-case-studies/scqf-inclusive-recruiter-sqa/
#RecognisingSkills #SkillsRecognition #HR
Our NextGen: HN project is ensuring HNC/Ds evolve to continue to meet the needs of learners and industry. @NCLanarkshire & @edinburghcoll are piloting the new HNC Television. Learn more by checking out New College Lanarkshire’s blog 👉https://bit.ly/2YQbyOq
Opportunities now available for marking next year. In addition to the pay it is the best CPD for understanding national standards and how marks are awarded. https://twitter.com/sqanews/status/1448279874578391041
Have you ever considered becoming a marker for SQA?
Markers play an important role in supporting the National Qualifications examination diet. Their role is to ensure consistent application of national standards when marking candidate assessments